[Badgirlz-list] Antiauthoritarian Festival in Athens

Author: Errata
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Antiauthoritarian Festival in Athens

http://italy.indymedia.org/news/2004/05/555572.php

Antiauthoritarian Festival in 24-27/6 June in Athens.
Olympic Games are not an
ordinary event. It is a method of re-forming a status
quo of what the greek
society has taken as granted. Economy, repression,
labour, ecology, there is
no aspect of social life that is left uninfluenced by
"Athens 2004".

Activists of the global village,

As you may know in the forthcoming summer, the Olympic
games will be held in
Athens, the city where we “breathe”, live and act. As
you also may know from
your own experience that the games reproduce and
support the sports of dope
and anabolic, the civilization of fake and conformist
culture, of
overconsumption, of commercials and marketing, of the
multinational corporations.
They compose a crucial point of reference to the
globalization of the new
order of brutality, as this is expressed by the
downgrading of our life, the
intensiveness of production, the working “accidents”,
the reduction of social
political and individual rights, the huge increase of
repression and the rise
of control and oppression against the social protest
and disagreement.

Olympic games are not a detached event that concerns
only Athens in the year
running. They are enrolled in the frames of
globalization of the market, of
order and security. Therefore they have to be seen
under this point of view by
the eyes of the movement against the globalization of
capitalism.

Antiauthoritarian Movement is a collective with a
catalytic involvement in the
antiglobal demonstrations in Salonica on June 2003(it
also organized a
successful and massive antiglobal festival those days)
and grows in
anti-institutional forms of action and resistance.
A.M.ʼs priority is the
opposition to the social political and cultural logic
of the system with
several actions, reoccupation of places etc. Under
this point of view on June
2004, we organize a festival against the Olympic games
of corporations, stakes
and subculture and their globalized dimensions.

We invite you to participate and contribute with your
actions, quests and
capabilities, so that we intense our effort to bring,
through our contact
during the games, the antiglobal movement in the front
part of the stage.

With solidarity,
Antiauthoritarian Movement

P.S. You can also visit our site www.resistance2003.gr