[Badgirlz-list] opening of FC Poppesnor

Author: Errata
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] opening of FC Poppesnor
>From NextGenderation

hi all,

a brief impression from the opening of the feminist
café in
Antwerpen(belgium) last week: more or less 100 women,
men and children
turned up and for me it was one of those heart-warming
events that
gives a
sense of belonging to a political community/family.

the last couple of months Sara S'Jegers had been
interviewing many
women
about what feminism meant for you and her film came
out really really
nice.
(as somebody (anouk!) said after the film: waaw, it
made us into a
movement!) maybe the film can travel to some of the
other feminist
cafés?
(most of the film is flemish/ducth spoken)

wanted to write something about the feminist cafe
because i really like
this idea of regularly claiming an existing space as a
feminist meeting
and
discussion space for an evening. when we (with Femi &
others) started a
feminist café in Utrecht (netherlands), the only
existing feminist café
knew of was in Amsterdam (run by the amsterdam women's
studies
association
de Sirenen), and meanwhile there are/have been
feminist cafés in
Groningen,
Nijmegen (in the netherlands) and now Antwerp. so the
FCs are
spreading!

the FC in antwerp takes place in a cultural centre,
2nd wednesday of
every
month. okay, enough raving for the moment. kisses, s.