[NuovoLaboratorio] Fwd: INFO BULLETIN / counter EU summit ac…

Author: Paola Manduca
Subject: [NuovoLaboratorio] Fwd: INFO BULLETIN / counter EU summit activities
--============_-1158527122==_ma============

--
Paola Manduca
--============_-1158527122==_ma============

--></style><title>Fwd: INFO BULLETIN / counter EU summit
<info@???><br>
To: <yildizonen@???>,
<lcculfit@???>,<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; <jeaton@???>,
<ayseberktay@???>,<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; <icsoul82@???>, <jansievers@???>,
<magma2@???><br>
Subject: INFO BULLETIN / counter EU summit activities<br>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:13:12 +0300<br>
size="-1"><b
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span

know<b> "Action:Thessaloniki 2003"</b> is preparing&nbsp;
for the 3-days counter summit events in Thessaloniki from 20- 22 June,
against the summit of leaders of the EU and the new anti-peoples
measures they will take, while meeting behind closed doors at the
hotel "Porto Karras" of Chalkidiki.&nbsp;</font><br>
3-days militant program of the Popular counter summit that
organises<b> "Action: Thessaloniki 2003 "</b> will begin in
the morning of&nbsp;<b> Friday 20th &nbsp;June</b> and will develop in
the axis of the sea promenade in Thessaloniki.&nbsp;<b> This means
from the central gate of the Harbour, through the&nbsp; Aristotelous
Square and until the White Tower</b>. In the 3 respective points there
will be functioning three stages, where we will have continuously
political and cultural program, with the attendance of artists from
Thessaloniki, as well as from the rest of Greece.</font><br>
have:</font><br>
will be organised a demonstration at the city of Marmaras Chalkidiki,
where the meeting of the EU-leaders and the representatives of the
multinationals will take place, at the Hotel "PORTO
KARRAS".</font><br>
Workers¹ Center of Thessaloniki (Trade Union House) will be realised
the event of PAME(Militant Workers¹ Front) together with the World
&nbsp;Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU).&nbsp;</font><br>
9 a.m. till 13:00 an international meeting and discussion will be
organized with the attendance also of foreign delegations at the
congress centre "N. Germanos "in the building No. 8 of the
International Trade Fair (HELEXPO). The theme of the meeting will
be:<b> ³<i>Stop the war, NATO and the EU- Solidarity with the
afternoon at 5 p.m. will start&nbsp; the big rally that will follow
the route Nikis Avenue(sea promenade), N. Germanou street, Tsimiski
completed on Sunday with a big concert of solidarity with the peoples
under occupation like Iraq and Palestine, with the peoples of Cuba,
Syria, DPRKorea, which are on the target of the
imperialists.</font><br>
persons, from all over Greece and many countries abroad, are
mobilizing under the flags and the banners of<b> "Action:
Thessaloniki 2003 ".</b> According to the up to the moment
information, between 800-1000 persons&nbsp; from 14 countries have
expressed interest to join the forces supported by &nbsp;the
"Action" in Thessaloniki<b> (</b>Cyprus, Bulgaria,
Palestine, France, Czech Republic, Hungary, Spain, Portugal, Holland ,
Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Norway, Russia, Moldavia, Finland and
Turkey).</font><br>
in the demonstration of Saturday of 21st &nbsp;June, we will have the
participation of the delegations of tens of communist and workers¹
parties, which will be participating in the International Meeting
hosted by KKE in Athens on the 19th &nbsp;and 20th &nbsp;June&nbsp;
initiative is being taken during the days of the Counter Summit with
the big anti-imperialist youth camp of<b> KNE</b> from 18-22 June with
the attendance of roughly&nbsp;<b> 5 000 young people</b>
&nbsp;<b>from Greece and abroad</b> . The camping venue will have its
own political and cultural program, discussions and
workshops.</font><br>
will function&nbsp;<b> team of legal assistance -</b> mainly for
dealing with problems that by any chance will appear with&nbsp;
foreign delegations because the Shengen Treaty and&nbsp; a<b> team of
protesters will be arranged at three levels. In houses, in hotels -
for those who can bear the cost - and mainly in the installations that
has granted us the&nbsp;<b> Municipality of Saint Pavlos( camp,
need of more space we have the possibility to use the installations
that have granted us the the&nbsp;<b> Municipality Ehedorou</b>(two
closed gyms) and the&nbsp;<b> Community Pefkon (public
size="-1"><b
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span

The leaders of the EU will meet isolated in Chalkidiki, where they
have ³banned² themselves under the fear of the popular movement
that is day by day growing and increasing the fight &nbsp;against the
anti-popular, anti-workers and pro-war policy.</font><br>
ourselves for the big popular mobilisations of June,<b> "Action:
Thessalonica 2003 "</b>will continue its mass and militant
intervention in Thessaloniki, against the imperialist order and the
plans of USA, NATO and EU.</font><br>
of 24th &nbsp;May</b> we are preparing a militant "reception"
of the &nbsp;ministers of Culture of the multinationals which will
meet in Thessaloniki on 24th &nbsp;and 25th &nbsp;May. The popular
events will take place of the<b> Square of the Ancient Market (behind
"Action: Thessaloniki 2003 "</b> supports and calls for the
participation in the&nbsp;<b> big Peace March organised by&nbsp; the
Committee for Peace of Thessaloniki on Sunday of 25th &nbsp;May. The
march will begin at 10 a.m. from the former military camp Kodra at the
scheduled initiative before the counter-summit will be the<b>
Solidarity event with the people of Cuba that will be held in
Thessaloniki on the 4th June.</b> In this event a representatives of
the Cuban Revolution will participate and
speak.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font><br

size="-1">&nbsp;</font><br>
press office of "Action Thessaloniki 2003"</font><font
face="Verdana">&nbsp;</font><br>
size="-1">Action-Thessaloniki 2003<br>
Thessaloniki, Egnatia str. 65, Zipcode 54635<br>
Phone: + (30) 2310 277579, 2310 286546<br>
Fax:+(30) 2310 286581<br>
face="Arial" size="-1">www.action-salonika2003.org</font></a><font
face="Arial" size="-1"><br>
e-mail:</font> <a href="mailto:info@action-salonika2003.org"><font