[NuovoLaboratorio] Fwd: [1502europe-coord] 112 MPs demand: N…

Author: Paola Manduca
Subject: [NuovoLaboratorio] Fwd: [1502europe-coord] 112 MPs demand: No engagement of our country in the war.
--============_-1165152638==_ma============

> [...]

>European countries.
>
>Demonstrations on 15th of March: Greece out of the War!
>
>The 15th of March, when the meeting of the EU ministers of Defense
>will take place, has been set as the next culmination date of action
>for the anti-imperialist movement in Greece
>

>The EU ministers have in their agenda issues related to the war on
>Iraq, the further militarization of the EU and the "euroarmy" etc.
>The popular moblization against their meeting is even more
>up-to-date after the "common position" taken by the EU summit on
>February 17, when the EU leaders provocatively ignored the message
>sent by millions on F-15 and paved the way for the "war option".
>

>Having as main mottos "We Can Stop Them" and "Greece out of the war"
>the Greek Committee for Peace and Détente (EEDYE), the Balkan
>Anti-NATO Center, Youth Action for Peace and Action-Thessaloniki
>2003 call for mobilizations all around Greece on March 15. In Athens
>the demonstrators will march from the Propylaea of the Old
>University to the US Embassy while in Thessaloniki the
>demonstration will end at he US consulate.
>

>In the context of the multiform the anti-war, anti- NATO activities
>on March 15-16, the campaign Action-Thessaloniki 2003 will hold a
>meeting of in Thessaloniki under the title «No to militarism, no to
>imperialist interventions. For a Europe of peace without NATO,
>Euro-army, US bases and nuclear weapons», with the participation of
> movements and parties from Balkan and Europe.
>

>Unions join antiwar activities. 24hour Strike on March 21st
>
>Trade unionists and workers who coil up with All-Workers Militant
>Front (PAME) are working very hard for the success of the 24hour
>strike on the 21st of March which has been declared by federations
>and labor centers all around Greece .
>

>There will be tens of manifestations all over the country, while the
>central one has been set to take place at the National Resistance
>Square in the center of Athens. The demands of the strike are
>against the war, as well as in defense of the labor rights
>especially the social security and employment, and against the EU
>policy and the so-called "Lisbon Strategy".
>

>On that day the leaders of the European Union will be meeting in
>Brussels to resume the results of the "Lisbon Strategy", which the
>class oriented labor movement has characterized as a "declaration of
>infinitive war on the workers and their rights".
>

>At the same time the Union of Hospital Physicians of Athens-Piraeus
>joined the list of unions that have decided to strike on the first
>day of the war.
>
>Unions in oil companies have appealed to the leadership of the
>Pan-Hellenic Federation of Workers in the Refineries and the Oil
>industry to mobilize against the oil supply of the US and NATO war
>forces. It is to be noted that Greek monopoly groups of shipowners
>and oil companies have offered their readiness to supply the US

Paola Manduca
--============_-1165152638==_ma============

 --></style><title>Fwd: [1502europe-coord]      112 MPs demand: No
members of the Greek Parliament, from all political parties have
signed an «appeal for peace», which will be handed on the United
way, directly or indirectly, with personel or means, to the imminent
war against Iraq, declare 112 members of the Parliament in their
appeal for peace, underlining at the same time that ³the war on Iraq
may and must be averted² since ³a drop of child¹s blood cannot
be counterweighted even by a thousand of oil
barrels².&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>
Nations, will be handed over to the European Parliament as well as to
the Parliaments of the other European countries.<br>
Greece out of the War!</b><br>
the EU ministers of Defense will take place, has been set as the next
culmination date of action for the anti-imperialist movement in
Greece<br>
issues related to the war on Iraq, the further militarization of the
EU and the "euroarmy" etc. The popular moblization against
their meeting is even more up-to-date after the "common position"
taken by the EU summit on February 17, when the EU leaders
provocatively ignored the message sent by millions on F-15 and paved
the way for the "war option".<br>
Them² and ³Greece out of the war² the Greek Committee for Peace
and Détente (EEDYE), the Balkan Anti-NATO Center, Youth Action for
Peace and Action-Thessaloniki 2003 call for mobilizations all around
Greece on March 15. In Athens the demonstrators will march from the
Propylaea of the Old University to the US Embassy while&nbsp;&nbsp; in
Thessaloniki the demonstration will end at he US consulate.<br>
anti-war, anti- NATO activities on March 15-16, the campaign
Action-Thessaloniki 2003 will hold a meeting of in Thessaloniki under
the title &nbsp;«<i>No to militarism, no to imperialist
interventions. For a Europe of peace without NATO, Euro-army, US bases
and nuclear weapons»</i>, with the participation of
&nbsp;&nbsp;movements and parties from Balkan and Europe.<br>
24hour Strike on March 21st&nbsp;</b><br>
with All-Workers Militant Front (PAME) are working very hard for the
success of the 24hour strike on the 21st of March which has been
declared by federations and labor centers all around Greece .<br>
over the country, while the central one has been set to take place at
the National Resistance Square in the center of Athens. The demands of
the strike are against the war, as well as in defense of the labor
rights especially the social security and employment, and against the
EU policy and the so-called ³Lisbon Strategy².<br>
Union will be meeting in Brussels to resume the results of the
³Lisbon Strategy², which the class oriented labor movement has
characterized as a ³declaration of infinitive war on the workers and
their rights².<br>
Physicians of Athens-Piraeus joined the list of unions that have
decided to strike on the first day of the war.<br>
appealed&nbsp;to the leadership of the Pan-Hellenic Federation of
Workers in the Refineries and the Oil industry to mobilize against the
oil supply of the US and NATO war forces. It is to be noted that Greek
monopoly groups of shipowners and oil companies have offered their
readiness to supply the US forces and its allies.<br>