Re: [Tails-dev] Tails for arm64 (with support for Apple Sili…

Author: David A. Wheeler
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails for arm64 (with support for Apple Silicon)

> On Feb 18, 2024, at 9:03 AM, NoisyCoil via Tails-dev <tails-dev@???> wrote:
> TLDR; All Tails-specific apps now work on arm64 (with two minor "not-my-bug" caveats). You can now cross-build Tails for arm64 on an x86_64 machine.

I think it'd be nice to have an ARM version of Tails, at least one that ran on Raspberry Pis & ARM Macs.
Bonus points if the same image could run on that *or* x86, as then people would be able to use
"the machine available to them". Then users could use a wide variety of machines.
(You might have to re-download any specialized apps installed on the
Persistent Storage for the "not currently loaded architecture.)

Whether or not doing that is *worth* the effort is obviously debatable, but I thought I'd raise it.

--- David A. Wheeler