Re: [Tails-l10n] Translation status in 3.15

Author: intrigeri
To: Cyril Brulebois, tails-l10n
CC: tails-rm
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Translation status in 3.15
Hi,

Cyril Brulebois:
> Being in the middle of preparing 3.15, I'm going to double check the
> changes in the jenkins-tools submodule, but it seems check_po is now
> waaay slower than it used to be, possibly because it's now checking
> every single PO file instead of just po/*?

AFAICT check_po already checked all PO files before the recent
changes.

But the website PO files for all languages enabled on our translation
platform are now in our Git tree so for every translatable page, we're
now checking 15 PO files instead of 7 previously.

It might also be that the new Python implementation of check_po
introduced some performance bottlenecks. It might be that cheap
low-hanging fruits can be spotted via basic profiling (if not done
yet). OTOH just looking at htop(1) suggests that the bottleneck is
still i18nspector CPU consumption, which is the part that
hasn't changed.

In passing, while testing this I've noticed a regression: check_po
used to (rightfully) skip files in ./tmp/ (leftovers of running
./import-translations) but the new version does not. Will file
a ticket.