Re: [Tails-dev] Tails vs Electrum

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails vs Electrum
Hi,

sajolida:
> I think the Foundation Team should follow up on this idea there.

So far, Electrum hasn't been part of our mission but even if we don't
do the work ourselves, I agree we should at least provide guidance
wrt. what solution would be acceptable or not for Tails.

I won't have time for this in March but I've added this topic
to the agenda for the upcoming Foundation Team sprint (early April).

> In terms of priorities for the project. I'm personally really not
> thrilled at the idea of spending a lot of time dealing with this
> situation.

Yep. That's in line with our decision a couple years ago to remove
Electrum unless someone stepped up to maintain its integration in
Tails. And then s7r did step up! (thanks :)

> But I also guess that Electrum users are a good share of our
> user base and removing Electrum might make us loose users. Bitcoin users
> are also traditionally good donors and removing Electrum might make use
> loose donations.

Good point. Data coming from Help Desk suggests that we have quite
a few users of Electrum indeed, or at least, the ones we have are
particularly vocal :)