Re: [Tails-dev] Buggy boot

Author: segfault
To: tails-dev, bradley
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Buggy boot
Hi,

thanks for the report.

bradley--- via Tails-dev:
> Hey,
>
> Thanks for all the work you put into Tails. It is an amazing system and I
> find it very useful.
>
> I would like to report one issue however. Every second time I boot Tails,
> it fails. It either displays some errors in the command line booting
> screen or the letters on the normal booting screen are not readable and I
> need to restart anyway.

What do you mean with every second time? Does it boot again when you
reboot after it failed to boot? Or does it not boot anymore at all after
the first boot? Because the latter is a known bug which still affects a
few users and which we are currently trying to debug.

> If what I am writing about does not ring a bell, I can try to elaborte a
> little more.

Yes, please describe what exactly you see. Does it just say "Unable to
find a medium containing a live file system", or something else?

Also, did you install your Tails via the new USB Image (the ".img" file)
or via the ISO, or is it an old installation which you upgraded?

Cheers