[Tails-dev] Less ticket triaging → better self-organized vie…

Author: u
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Less ticket triaging → better self-organized views
Hi!

as we are in the progress of refining the ticket gardening role, to make
it use less valuable time and energy, we created two views to help
everyone prioritize their work better. I'm sending you the links to
these views so you can have a look. You can also find both views in
Redmine's "Custom queries" bar for future reference.

1. *Stalled: unblock other people's work*
https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=317

This provides you with a view of tickets assigned to you where QA Check
is "Ready for QA" or "Info Needed", i.e. someone else is waiting for
your input and you can help unblock their work.

2. *Stalled: work marked in progress without updates for a while*
https://redmine.tails.boum.org/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=316

This view shows you tickets assigned to you that have already seen
progress but then have not been updated for a long time.

When looking at tickets in this view, please ask yourself if you can
realistically come back to them and finish the work in the next 6
months. If yes: please add a suitable target version and when relevant,
add a "blocks" relationship to the "Core work: $team in $quarter"
ticket. If no: deassign yourself, then: if relevant for a core team [1],
bring it to their attention; or else, forget it, make some tea and relax :)

You don't have to do that now, in the future we plan to send automated
reminders regularly to everyone concerned.

Don't hesitate to ask me on the list or in private if you're not sure
what to do.

Cheers!
u.

[1] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/roles/