Re: [Tails-dev] Electrum unable to connect to onion servers

Author: node.admin
To: s7r
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Electrum unable to connect to onion servers

> Can you please confirm if it is STILL not working for you?
>
> Searched for this in the pool of servers to find a v3 one, here is
> another onion server you can try that runs the same ElectrumX version:
>
> wsw6tua3xl24gsmi264zaep6seppjyrkyucpsmuxnjzyt3f3j6swshad.onion
>
> Ports: 50001 TCP
>        50002 SSL

> But I have just tried your onion server and it works for me. Please let
> me know if you manged to connect from your Tails instance.
>
> Check your ElectrumX server logging to see if there is any protocol
> mismatch when you try to connect as this requirement has just been
> implemented. do:
>
> $ sudo journalctl -u electrumx -f

The issue only happened in Tails where I was not able to connect to any
onion electrum servers for both v2 and v3 onion addresses from Electrum.
That was from the previous Tails release. In newest release I can now
reach v2 and v3 onion address servers in Electrum. Maybe it was something
to do wiaht previous Tails version because I tried on different Tails
installs and across reboots.

Electrum and latest version of Tails now works for me to reach onion
electrum servers. One thing I do notice it seems like Electrum in Tails
can connect to servers on port 50002 SSL but is not able to connect to
servers on port 50001 TCP. It is better to use SSL but I wanted to mention
this jus tin case this is not intentional.

node.admin