[Tails-testers] Installing a Tails USB Image as Virtual USB …

Author: Terry Gruzebeck
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] Installing a Tails USB Image as Virtual USB Storage in Virt-Manager

    Are we there yet for USB images?  -->>

https://tails.boum.org/doc/advanced_topics/virtualization/virt-manager/index.en.html#index5h1

    Will the instructions for running Tails from a virtual USB storage
    change?

    Going forward, will .iso images still be available for: -->>
    "To run Tails from a virtual USB device using
virt-manager,
    first
    create a virtual machine running from an ISO image as described

above."
    If so, from where are they to be downloaded?

    After completing the next 7 steps, the directions for running Tails
    from a virtual USB storage say:  "Then start the virtual machine
    from the virtual DVD to install Tails
    onto the virtual USB storage using
Tails Installer. The
    virtual USB
    storage appears in
Tails Installer as QEMU
      HARDDISK
."

    Assuming Tails Installer is accessed from the "virtual DVD", and how
    do I run it, and from where? Is this the .iso image that's being run
    from the virtual DVD?

    Having persistent storage for a virtual instance of Tails would be
awesome!
    I'm assuming that it will be likewise encrypted, just as is a
    persistent volume on a USB stick installation.