Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 3.12

Author: anonym
To: alienpup
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 3.12
alienpup:
> anonym wrote:
>> anonym:
>>> Testers, please let me know if you are available on:
>>>
>>> * 2019-01-19, to test Tails 3.12~rc1.
>>
>> Testers, how bad would it be for you if I tell you on the 18th that I
>> will need another day to prepare the release, so testing will happen on
>> 2019-01-20 (and maybe evening/night of 19th)?
>>
>> Cheers!
>
> anonym,
>
> Not a problem here, but I wonder if an RC deserves more than 24-48 hours of testing. Time zones and the fact that (ideally) half of our testers are asleep at any given moment also eat into a small testing window. Over to you to determine how much testing is enough, but FWIW.

Hey,

Note that this was a call for our _internal_ testing and quality assurance that we always do before releasing (even RCs -- we don't want users to test crap). Once we're done with the internal testing we publish the RC so all users can test it for a bit over a week, and then we release the final release. I hope this clears things up!

I think I'll start referring to this as "internal testing" to be less ambiguous from now on.

Cheers!