[Tails-testers] USB image test, macOS 10.14.2, MacBook Pro (…

Author: Ron Risley
To: tails-testers
Subject: [Tails-testers] USB image test, macOS 10.14.2, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
Hi!

Installed successfully on macOS 10.14.2, MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014).

Able to create a persistent volume and do all the usual stuff I do with Tails (as far as I could go without actually trusting the image, so no sensitive private GPG or onion keys or cryptocurrency information).

As expected, the MacBook Pro's internal WiFi was not recognized but my Cisco WiFi dongle worked fine.

I am somewhat dubious about the need to install third-party software (Etcher) to do the install. Do you document anywhere what Etcher does that cannot be done with Disk Utility or command-line tools? I know that some folks would much rather download a tool than mess with the command line, but there are others among us who prefer not to install third-party binaries on our systems.

Thanks for all the great work. TAILS has been a lifesaver...

--Ron