[mat-dev] MAT2 announcement

Author: jvoisin
Subject: [mat-dev] MAT2 announcement
Greetings everyone,

two years ago, the 29th of October 2018, I decided to put MAT on hold
[1]. The Tails people along with Dennis Fink were kind enough to
volunteer to maintain it as best as they could to give time to people to
find an alternative.

Six months ago, the 6th of March 2018, now that I felt way better, I
started to write MAT2[2]. It provides the same features as MAT2, except
that this time, it doesn't come with a proper graphical interface, but
with a extension to Nautilus, GNOME's file manager. I would like to
thank my friend Antoine Tenart for writing most of it.

It comes with a comprehensive testsuite with 100% coverage (including
branches), uses several static analysis tools, supports a lot of
different file formats, has proper documentation, …

I'm super-glad that it already received more external contributions that
MAT, and is already available in some Linux distributions[3] !

Long story short, it's like MAT, but better, and you should use it :)

Have a nice day,

1. https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/mat-dev/2016-October/000126.html
2. https://0xacab.org/jvoisin/mat2
3. https://0xacab.org/jvoisin/mat2/blob/master/INSTALL.md