[Tails-ux] User stats on Tails Verification in Firefox

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: [Tails-ux] User stats on Tails Verification in Firefox
Hey!

Today I made public the statistics of Tails Verification in Firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tails-verification/statistics/

I guess that these stats only talk reliably about people who install the
extension outside of Tails, in a browser that keeps the extension
installed. I guess that an installation in Tails would only count as a
download but would not count as a daily user because the extension would
disappear when Tails is shut down.

This seems to match the fact that the vast majority of users have a
version of Firefox superior to the one in Tails (83% > Firefox 52.8).

The cool thing is that 72% of these users are on Windows and macOS!

Compared to the 52% that we had in the VeraCrypt survey it seems to
confirm that Windows + macOS users are less technical (they use less
BitTorrent and OpenPGP) and that our efforts to make the verification
easier for them is paying off :)

--
sajolida