Re: [Tails-project] Rightscon

Author: Alison Macrina
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Rightscon
sajolida:
> Alison Macrina:
>> intrigeri:
>>> Alison Macrina:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the proposal! I'm interested in attending RightsCon but
>>> I don't think I'm qualified for being on a panel about ethical
>>> user testing. sajolida, maybe?
>>
>> Patiently awaits sajolida's response.
>>
>>> Aside of that, we (Tails fundraising team) have been discussing
>>> sending someone to Rightscon this year but we did not reach any
>>> conclusion yet.
>>
>> Keep us posted! I think there will certainly be at least a couple of Tor
>> people there.
>
> Hi!
>
> Thanks a lot for the invitation as this sounds very cool.
>
> I'm not sure I'll be able to attend RightsCon, there's some
> uncertainties regarding my housing situation for this sprint and I'm
> reluctant to plan any new travel...

I understand! If you do decide later that you want to attend, there may
still be room for you to join this panel (you could even be the
moderator!!).

> Do you think it would make sense to involve me in the preparation of the
> panel even if, in the end, I can't make it? If yes, then I surely
> wouldn't mind :)

I think that if someone from Tails can't participate, it would be good
for the Tor panelist to at least briefly discuss the Tails approach to
usability and user testing, since the overall discussion is about best
practices. So if we get accepted we'll loop you in to give us some
talking points.

Thanks for your consideration!

Alison