Re: [Tails-project] Removing the subtitle in our logo

Author: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Removing the subtitle in our logo
hi,

(Meta: this is so far outside of my area of expertise that everything
I write below should be taken with a grain of salt. But I'm not sure
who our local experts would be in this area; so if this decision is
going to be made by a group of people not much more skilled than me
anyway, I can as well participate.)

u:
> I'm fine with removing the subtitle on the banner.

Fully agreed: on our website there's plenty of other, better ways to
convey what Tails is, and to pick the visitor's curiosity, than this
subtitle. And we can assume that anyone landing on our website is
already interested in Tails.

> Still, I'd like to keep a version of the logo with the subtitle, to be
> used elsewhere.

Same here: there are other places where little context is available to
help understanding what Tails is (e.g. t-shirt, stickers that are
large enough for the subtitle to be readable; perhaps any other
non-digital support). In these cases, I *think* the subtitle gives
useful tiny bits of info that the picture itself does not convey,
which might help trigger curiosity and interest in people who haven't
heard about Tails yet (=> potential conversations). At least I'm happy
that my Tails t-shirts have this subtitle.