Re: [More-than-a-BSP] GNOME and Debian usability testing, Ma…

Author: Jim Hall
To: intrigeri
CC: more-than-a-bsp, Debian GNOME Maintainers
Subject: Re: [More-than-a-BSP] GNOME and Debian usability testing, May 2017
This is wonderful usability testing! You have a great process here. I
like that you broke up your scenario tasks into "missions," which
provides a nice progression. You used six testers, which turns out to
be a good number for doing usability testing; you don't need a lot of
testers to get useful, actionable results. If only this had been done
a month earlier, I would have included your article as a reference for
my students in 'Usability in Open Source Software.' I'll do that next
time.

Also, great to see the heat map method was helpful! :-)

I see Michael has forwarded the message to desktop-devel. I'll also do
a short recap article on my 'Open Source Software & Usability' blog
and link to this, so others see it as well.

Jim