Re: [Tails-dev] Debian 9: Build fails consistently, name re…

Author: Arnaud
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Debian 9: Build fails consistently, name resolution fails sooner or later
Hi intrigeri, thanks for the feedback.

On 04/04/2017 08:42 AM, intrigeri wrote:

> This seems to have fallen through the cracks. TBH we're not very good
> at tracking patches sent over email, so in the future, I recommend
> filing Redmine tickets, assigned to the current release manager
> (https://tails.boum.org/contribute/calendar/), and with a patch
> attached (or better: a pointer to a branch).

No worries. Actually I didn't talk anymore about that because, well,
this patch solves nothing.

Having a build system that succeeds on a flaky network seems to be much
more than just adding a retry option to apt. You can forget about this
change, and also about the two other changes that I sent in this mail a
few weeks ago:

https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2017-March/011280.html

While these patches don't hurt, I can tell you now that they solve
nothing. And I don't want to be responsible for cluttering the build
system with useless stuff like that ;)

So at the moment, I'm still in this situation where build fails, and I
retry and retry until at some point it succeeds. I didn't have much time
to work on that yet. I'll come back to you when I workaround this issue,
one way or another. In the meantime, don't bother with that.

I'll follow your recommendation for the next issues I face.

Cheers !