Re: [mat-dev] Maintainership for MAT

Author: Dennis Fink
Subject: Re: [mat-dev] Maintainership for MAT
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 11:12:28PM +0100, jvoisin wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to hand over MAT's maintenance, but I feel reluctant to give
> this project to a complete stranger :/

I do fully understand your position.

So I want to present me a little bit.

In my daytime job, I'm a educator/child-care worker, where I take care of
kids after school time and do activities with them.

Around 2009 I joined the Luxembourgish Chaos Computer Club (C3L)[0],
where I'm still very active today. This club is the luxembourgish
version of the german Chaos Computer Club.

Besides advocating for privacy, anti-surveillance and defending our
rights in the internet, we are also doing some other projects:

We are building free wifi mesh networks through cities in Luxembourg
(Freifunk for the german speakers).[1]

We are also creating a luxembourgisch tech-podcast now, where we talk
about our positions and other cool stuff.

We manage our own hackerspace in Luxembourg, called Chaosstuff[2], which
takes a lot of our time.

Besides working on projects, we also organize some events, like
cryptoparties and our hackercamp in summer called [h]ackyard.

In 2013, some of our members and me, founded the luxembourgisch
torservers.net partner organisation called Frënn vun der Ënn[3]. Here we
run very high bandwidth Tor-Exits nodes. At the moment we are around
2.8Gbit/s, which means we are somewhat the largest provider of
exit-nodes in the Tor network.

With those two clubs, we are also represetened on internation
hacker/tech conferences like the Chaos Communication Congress, FOSDEM or
hack.lu

Personally, I'm also active in the Archlinux community. I love coding
in python and do some audio recording and music for fun.

My personal website is located here[4], where you can find more about
what services I provide and what I do.

I hope, that this gives some insights about me and we can work something
out, how we can bring this project forward.

[0] https://wiki.c3l.lu
[1] https://freifunk.lu
[2] https://chaosstuff.lu
[3] https://enn.lu