Re: [Tails-project] Donation campaign: Mediapart article

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Donation campaign: Mediapart article
u:
> sajolida:
>> I started writing an blog post about the donation by Mediapart as part
>> of the donation campaign.
>>
>> Can someone have a look. On top of the usual fixes, I'm also interested
>> of hearing your take on the overall strategy of such a post.
>>
>> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/donation_campaign_2016/#index2h1
>>
>> I'm also in touch with the people from Mediapart for their review.
>
> Thanks for writing this.

I worked based on your comments some days ago but didn't find the time
to answer your email at that time. Sorry if this created a Git war or
something.

> In the first sentence about what Mediapart is, I think it's worth to add
> the word "independent" - from what I understand they don't depend on
> advertisements and their financial model mainly relies on their readers.

Yes. So you did that in 9f3543a and I improved in 8c9de0c.

> I made some english improvements directly on the blueprint.

Thanks!

> Concerning the strategy: I think it's very valuable to make it public
> that such a renown organization will support Tails financially. I'm in
> favor of publishing this on Twitter too and I'm curious about the
> reactions by their readers, when they publish this on their side.

So far I got now answer from Mediapart regarding whether they wanted to
make this public on *their* website. I hope so :)

> There have been a lot of efforts put into more collaboration between
> journalists and hackers in the past years, through hackathons and the
> like, but I think that financially helping a project which is proven to
> work, is also a very valid form of collaboration.

Yeap!

segfault:
> sajolida:
>> I started writing an blog post about the donation by Mediapart as
>> part of the donation campaign.
>
> I corrected some things in the blueprint.

Thanks!

> Also, calling them a "structural donor" sounds strange to me. Like
> they were donating parts of buildings or something - but then I'm not
> an English native speaker :)
> Maybe "regular donor" would describe it better?

I agree with you. So I replaced "structural" with "regular" in 5961a5c
which got reverted in 99c1793 without explanation, so I reverted the
reversion in ed52506. And please, let's talk more here if needed...