Re: [Occupyresearch] 5 years later... time to officially bur…

Author: jasper teunissen
To: occupyresearch@autistici.org
Subject: Re: [Occupyresearch] 5 years later... time to officially bury OccupyResearch
ha,
i have not been very active here, but i would like to pay my respects. I think there is still a lot of 'occupy research' going on and very much needed. Not just because academic work is usually published years later and not given back to the subjects, there are 2 things to say: first, many offsprings/continuations of occupy need research, ranging from post-'arab-spring', the controversial 'institutionalisation' of movements in Spain and Greece, the new wave of the french Nuit Debout, etc, to a much broader range of grassroots movements today everywhere. Second, the need to occupy research (as opposed to research occupy) is still standing. Well, i'm sure you know what I mean...
Anyway, bury the site if there is no money, keep the free list alive as long as it's not bothering anyone, and let's see how our paths will cross in the future.
greetings jasper
ps. At the moment, I'm mostly working on practical projects (anti-CETA/TTIP, squatting, refugees, saving a park from privatisation) but always open to join interesting research projects. And whenever you spend time in the Netherlands, please let me know!