Re: [Tails-dev] [help needed] explaining the way we use Redm…

Author: intrigeri
To: emmapeel
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [help needed] explaining the way we use Redmine fields
Hi,

(explicitly adding emmapeel to the list of recipients, to make sure
that this email is not lost :)

emmapeel:
> intrigeri:
>> * Dev Needed: "Choose this when you think a developer will have enough
>> information to start working on this ticket" ← I'm not aware of such
>> usage; do we really use it this way?

> How would you define it?

IMO "Dev Needed" is equivalent to an empty QA Check field, i.e.
it's the default state of a ticket.

I personally use the "Dev Needed" value only for one (very poor)
reason: I don't know how to _undefine_ the value of the QA Check field
using the email interface to Redmine, so when I want to do "Info
Needed → undefined" over email, and my "undefined" really means what
you wrote earlier "a developer will have enough information to start
working on this ticket", then I set QA Check = Dev Needed.
Which probably explains why you have inferred a generalized
understanding of this practice.

Unless there are other reasons to use the Dev Needed value, I'd say we
can simply not document it at all.

>> * Generally: in a few places it's written "code", while the text is
>> valid for any kind of contribution that lives in Git; I would love
>> to see the language be a bit more inclusive wrt. these other kinds
>> of contributions. If you don't feel like working on this yourself,
>> I'll be happy to give it a try once you see the branch as ready
>> for QA.
>>
> I understand your reasoning, but I didn't acted much upon that... please
> change what you find misleading..

OK, then please reassign to me for QA once you're happy with your
branch, and I'll give it a look/try if I still feel it's needed :)

>> * "If you create a ticket you become automatically
>> a watcher" ← really?

> Yes

Thanks!