Re: [Tails-ux] Fwd: Tails Server GUI Design

Author: George Kadianakis
To: segfault, anonym, sajolida, Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Fwd: Tails Server GUI Design
segfault <segfault@???> writes:

> [ text/plain ]

Looks very nice to me :)

I'm not sure how much nitpicking should be done at this early point, but here
are some questions just to keep things moving:

a) This window is TAILS greeter? Is it the window that is presented to the user
before the desktop interface loads up?

b) If 'Persistent' is chosen before the desktop loads up, does the user have
the option to change their mind later? Can I make my TAILS server persistent
even if I chose "no" in the beginning?

c) That address is a textbox because the user can edit it? Or is that TAILS
giving the user the address of their hidden service? If that's the case,
why is it a textbox?

Also, how can TAILS know the address of the hidden service if it hasn't
started already? Is it because it can look in the persistent folder? What
happens if this is before the first time it ever loads up? The hidden
service address should not be known at that point, except if the HS gets
started.

d) If I don't autostart my hidden service how do I start it up?

e) What is "Allow LAN"?

Feel free to ignore some or all questions if you find them unproductive at this
stage of development.

Cheers!

PS: I also included the tails-ux mailing list without being a subscriber.
    I hope it goes through.