Re: [Tails-ux] [review] Onion Circuits and Tor Status extens…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design, intrigeri, Alan
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] [review] Onion Circuits and Tor Status extension strings
intrigeri:
> [please Cc me any replies, I don't read the list.]
>
> Can you folks please review the GUI strings for these two pieces
> of software? You can see how they look live in Tails 2.2~rc1:
>
> https://tails.boum.org/news/test_2.2-rc1/
>
> In case you want to send me a patch or pull request, the strings live in
> source code that's tracked in Git:
>
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/onioncircuits/tree/onioncircuits
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/tree/config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/torstatus@tails.boum.org/extension.js?h=testing
>
> For now, I'm mainly interested in how _strings_ could be improved.
> If you have further comments on the UX created by these new tools,
> please let Alan (Cc'ed) know about it :)

I pushed a branch in feature/11210-review-user-strings. I changed most
of the strings and also did some minor changes to the UI to adjust to
these changes. So I definitely need Alan's take on all this.

And regarding ca66694 and the infobar. Maybe this shouldn't be an
infobar in the first place but a modal dialog or something? But Alan
knows more the GNOME HIG than me...