[movimenti.bicocca] Fwd: Open University Social Science Facu…

Autore: Ilenya Camozzi
To: movimenti.bicocca
Oggetto: [movimenti.bicocca] Fwd: Open University Social Science Faculty 5 funded studentships
°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°
Dr. Ilenya Camozzi
Department of Sociology and social research
University of Milan-Bicocca
via Bicocca degli Arcimboldi, 8,
20126, Milan - Italy -
Building U7, 2nd Floor, Room 2011a
Tel. +39 (0)2 64487469
Fax. +39 (0)2 64487561
°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°

 --- segue il messaggio inoltrato ---
The Faculty of Social Sciences at The Open University invites applications for five full-time PhD studentships (three years) and two PhD fee waivers, full-time (three years) or part-time (six years), commencing October 2015.

The Faculty has a thriving research culture and is engaged in world-class, critical and agenda setting research that has a strong focus on social justice, impact and public engagement. We are committed to the enhancement and development of this culture as a priority in our mission. Our research is supported by a number of prestigious research centres as well as by our six academic departments.

Further details of our PhD programme and information on how to apply can be found on the following site:- http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/research/students/index.php

You will have at least a 2:1 as a first degree and a relevant Masters' Degree and be interested in conducting research at a doctorate level in one of the following broad research areas:

-       Citizenship and governance
-       Crime, security and policing
-       Environment and climate change
-       Health, economics and welfare
-       Identities, mobilities and migration
-       'Imaginative Governance' in Europe
-       Intimacies, sexualities and relationships
-       Media, culture and society

Further details about academic departments at the Faculty of Social sciences can be found on the following site http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/main/about-the-faculty/departments/ and current research in the Faculty can be found on the following site http://www.open.ac.uk/socialsciences/main/research/

Applicants must normally reside in the UK for the duration of the full-time studentship.

Completed application forms, together with a Research Proposal and a covering letter indicating your suitability and reasons for applying must be sent to please see email link below.

Application forms are available from http://www.open.ac.uk/postgraduate/research-degrees/how-to-apply.

Please mark clearly which funding scheme you are applying for, although one application to both schemes is permissible.

Closing date: 25 June 2015 at 5 pm

Dr. Parvati Raghuram
Director of OpenSpace Research Centre
Geography Department