Re: [Tails-dev] Spring cleaning our GitLab labels

Author: Zen Fu
To: intrigeri, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Spring cleaning our GitLab labels
Hi, the only concern that comes to my mind is loss of historical
metadata.

    "If you delete a label, it is permanently deleted. All references to
    the label are removed from the system and you cannot undo the
    deletion." [1]

I'm not sure how important such historical metadata is, though, so maybe
it's not a problem.

If it's desired to maintain such historical metadata, one alternative
could be to rename them and add some flag that means they're deprecated,
like described here[2].

>From my side, feel free to decide how to go about it, I just wanted to

bring some food for thought.

[1] https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/labels.html