[Tails-dev] Spring cleaning our GitLab labels

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Spring cleaning our GitLab labels
Hi,

We've been using GitLab since a while and I think it's a good time to
make our set of labels a bit leaner and easier to use.

I want to focus on low hanging fruits here. I don't think it's a good
time to take a step down and do a full revamp of our labels.

I propose we:

1. Delete these labels

   - Camouflage: no open issues, probably never coming back
   - I2P: no open issues, probably never coming back
   - Handbook: only 2 open issues, can be tracked just fine with other
     labels
   - Feed Reader: no open issues; can now be tracked with "Email
     Client" since Thunderbird is our feed reader nowadays
   - Security Check: 1 open issue, 5 closed issues ⇒ not worth it
   - Verification Extension: we stopped using this a year ago
     so at this point I think the drawbacks of keeping this label
     outweigh the benefits of listing these 48 closed issues

2. Merge these labels:

   - "C: Installation", "C: Installation Assistant", "C: Installer"
     → "C: Installation"

3. Rename these labels:

   - "T: Test" → something that is harder to confuse with "C: Test
     suite"; ideas welcome; if nothing convincing arises I'll skip
     this one.

I'm ready to drop any of these ideas if there are objections from
people who use these labels.

I plan to proceed no earlier than in 2 weeks.

Cheers!