Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.22-RC1 Tor Connection dialog iss…

Author: alienpup
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 4.22-RC1 Tor Connection dialog issues
emmapeel,

emma peel wrote:
> alienpup:
> > Again, let's ask if this behavior helps the user. If it does not, everything should "just work" after a system suspend, sleep or network interruption.
>
> I also feel spammed by the dialog each time I reconnect to the network.
>
> One thing that will make it not so annoying is to be able to close the
> window pressing the Escape key. At the moment I need to go to the small
> (X) to close it.

We should ask if users benefit from the option of changing their connection option after a system suspend, sleep or network interruption. Reappearance of the TCD could be very important when a user suspends their system while on a "safe" network, and un-suspends in a less safe environment (home --> favorite coffee shop). If the question becomes one of UX versus safety, safety must win.

However if the TCD reappears in the interest of safety, it should not invite the user to "Start Tor Browser" a second time! This makes no sense and can cause confusion.

A good compromise could be to have the TCD reappear without the option to "Start Tor Browser".

regards,
alienpup