Re: [Tails-l10n] Call for testing 4.19~beta1 not showing as …

Author: emma peel
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Call for testing 4.19~beta1 not showing as "new strings to translate"
nihei via Tails-l10n:
> Hi,
>
> I'm part of the french translation team and I just wanted to address you that the last call for beta testing was not available for translation on weblate, is it normal ? Not that it's the most important thing to fix but that's weird.

Hello Nihei:

Thanks for bringing this up. There are many pages that do not have translation enabled on our website, for different reasons. The idea is to save work for translators so they can maintain the website up to date more easily. The 'test this new beta' pages are part of this list.

I guess the reasoning is 'if you don't speak English, it will be hard for
you to be able to give input about a test release because you will not understand the comments on the bugtracker, etc'

To understand how this is done, you can read:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/website/po_translatable_pages/

And the configuration on the repository controlling can be read at:

https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/blob/stable/ikiwiki.setup#L198

Your attention to detail is much appreciated!