Re: [Tails-dev] Simple suggestion - disable auto-maximizing …

Author: anonym
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Simple suggestion - disable auto-maximizing windows
Justin McAfee:
> I believe there's a certain expectation by the OP that window sizes will
> be correlated with browser fingerprinting.

Indeed. Probably because this used to be an issue in Tor Browser, which it warned about if you maximized the window. But this was solved in Tor Browser 9.0 (and a correctly configured vanilla Firefox 67+) around a year ago thanks to the "Letterboxing" anti-fingerprinting feature.

> Could you speak to the compensating controls or mitigations in place to
> prevent this sort of attack?

* https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/Tor_Browser/index.en.html#letterboxing
* https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-90

Cheers!