Re: [Tails-dev] Requesting help: mass-unsubscribe from notif…

Author: intrigeri
To: Cyril Brulebois, The Tails public development discussion list

Cyril Brulebois (2020-07-28):
>> After sending this message, I'm going to send you links to the 143
>> issues you're currently subscribed to, generated by the attached script.
>
> Then I'm not sure I understand what “being currently subscribed to” means.

I was confused and unclear. I've sent you the list of issues for which
you're in the list of "participants", which I believe is a superset of
the list of issues to which you've been subscribed automatically: even
if you've opted out of notifications for such an issue earlier, you're
still in the list of participants, so the issue appears on the list
I've sent you. I suppose this explains the discrepancy you've noted.

> Also, what happens if I make sure notifications are off for each item on
> that list (which is my plan in the few next minutes)? Do they get turned
> on again if I get mentioned?

I'm pretty sure that regardless of your current subscription status on
a given issue, you'll get a notification if you're mentioned (that's
what @mention is for, after all).

But:

- I don't know if this re-enables notifications on that issue.

- I don't know what happens if you participate again in that issue,
i.e. whether GitLab will re-enable notifications. I can see good
reasons for both potential behaviors.

Cheers!