Re: [Tails-dev] Requesting help: mass-unsubscribe from notif…

Author: Cyril Brulebois
To: The Tails public development discussion list
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> (2020-07-28):
> Cyril Brulebois (2020-07-27):
> > Having being responsible for a number of releases lately, I've been
> > automatically “subscribed” to any tickets I ever touched, even if only
> > to push back the target version (Redmine) / milestone (GitLab) to the
> > next release.
>
> It sounds like a bug in the algorithm our migration scripts have used
> to identify issues for which you should be subscribed to :/

Okay…

> > but that doesn't seem to be sufficient, as I'm still getting
> > notifications for issues I didn't participate (besides adjusting
> > target version/milestone)…
> >
> > The signal-to-noise ratio of my gitlab folder is therefore very very
> > very low… :(
> >
> > Help welcome!
>
> After sending this message, I'm going to send you links to the 143
> issues you're currently subscribed to, generated by the attached script.

Then I'm not sure I understand what “being currently subscribed to” means.

For example, looking at the first ones, the notification slider was “off”
already?

https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/accounting/-/issues/16961
https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/accounting/-/issues/16831

Also, what happens if I make sure notifications are off for each item on
that list (which is my plan in the few next minutes)? Do they get turned
on again if I get mentioned? Or am I going to miss GitLab traffic?

Cyril 'kibi' Brulebois (ckb@???)