Re: [Tails-testers] Tester Version Can't Update

Author: intrigeri
To: YellaDavey, Tails list for early testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tester Version Can't Update
Hi,

sajolida (2020-06-12):
> YellaDavey@???:
>> Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to update from 4.5~rc1. Beginning to
>> think using the tester was a bad idea because it keeps saying im up to
>> date. How do I upgrade without using an additional flash drive on the
>> tester version?
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for trying out our beta versions!
>
> I know we had some issues with the upgrade from 4.5~rc1 but it should be
> fixed in https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/17614.
>
> @kibi, @intrigeri: How come YellaDavey is still not prompted to upgrade
> to 4.7?

Note that #17614 was only about systems that were initially installed
with 4.5~rc1. It does seem it's been fixed but still, I'll try to
reproduce this.

YellaDavey, please share the content of the
/lib/live/mount/rootfs/filesystem.squashfs/etc/os-release file
in your Tails 4.5~rc1 installation, so I can investigate :)

Cheers!