[Tails-dev] Wahay Re: Tor Control Port in Tails

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Rafael Bonifaz
Subject: [Tails-dev] Wahay Re: Tor Control Port in Tails
sajolida:
> Rafael Bonifaz:
>> Last time I wrote to this list was related to the Mumble + Tails
>> scripts. Here in CAD we have been working on GUI client that
>> integrates Mumble and Tor Onion Service. The GUI is very simple you can
>> host meetings and join meetings.
>>
>> At the moment we have a client that works in most modern Linux
>> distributions and you can see the source[2].
>>
>> We also have a website, where you can download the binaries (of course
>> that website needs a lot of work)[3].
>
> This sounds super cool! I really want to give it a try. I'm swamped with
> billion things (as always) so it might take a while but I'll get to it.
>
> One of my main concern with Mumble is the UX of the client itself,
> especially the audio settings; on which the quality of the call depends
> a lot.
>
> It's unclear from your website if you replaced the UI of the Mumble
> client or if you use the upstream one. Since you mention usability as
> one of your goal on the GitHub page, I wonder if you concur with my
> analysis and what's your approach to that.

Tonight I tested Wahay and it's pretty cool! I also discovered that the
Mumble UI has been seriously revamped in Buster and doesn't show the
dreaded audio settings anymore. Yay!

In attachments some screenshots of Wahay in action.

I think that we should seriously consider including it in Tails :)

Good job Rafael!

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/