Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 4.5 release and testing schedule

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 4.5 release and testing schedule
Cyril Brulebois:
> This is a major release, so it will be preceded by a release candidate
> somewhen late March. The details regarding the exact timing of the RC
> still need to be discussed (in an upcoming RM meeting).

Let us know once you decided so we can merge stuff in time. I hope we'll
get at least #17136, which will be pretty exciting!

> To be frank,
> it's a bit scary for me as it'll be the very first one (hopefully with
> some hand-holding if required).
>
> Manual testers, please report whether you are available for testing on
> 2020-04-07 (and possibly the day before) to me privately.

Isn't there a round of manual tests on the RC as well?

>  - 4.4 was a bit hard on the coordination side as Tor Browser was
>    published rather late compared to the usual timing (that can be the
>    weekend prior, or at least the day before the scheduled date for the
>    Tails release), that's why we had to shift as well…
>  - We plan to talk with Tor people to see how we can improve our working
>    together and avoid a similar problem in the future (by getting at
>    least a little more communication going).
>  - Many thanks to the 4.4 testers for their flexibility!

I hope it wasn't too hard on you either. At least for me, extra
flexibility aside, it's good to see that we sometimes postpone releases
for a few days when needed.

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/