Re: [Tails-project] "freedom fighters" vs "human-rights defe…

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] "freedom fighters" vs "human-rights defenders"
groente via Tails-project:
> ditto. the human-rights defender is a very liberal notion that i
> associate with a type of activism devoid of any critique of capitalism.
> i'd prefer freedom-fighter, even with vague connotations of proto
> fascism (the idea of fascists fighting for freedom is absurd enough to
> dismiss the connotation, imho), for the sake of including more radical
> forms of political struggle.

Reading intrigeri and groente and since nobody else commented, I'll
stick to "freedom fighter".

> ps. the sliders still confuse me, are they meant to convey that tails is
> very much for experts and pretty impartial and not very political?
> that's how i 'read' them, but that's not how i imagine tails...

They actually mean that Tails is very much for everybody and pretty
political so I think that you are pointing out a problem in the way they
are displayed, not their intention.

This might come from the fact that they are currently displayed as
progress bars and not sliders. Please tell me if displaying them as
sliders (see attachments) would solve your confusion.

I can't remember how to create a proper slider in HTML and I'm offline
right now so the mockup doesn't look super good but I'll do better if
you confirm that it would solve your problem.

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/