Re: [Tails-testers] alpha 4.3 secure boot

Author: intrigeri
To: Jeff Jones, tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] alpha 4.3 secure boot
Hi Jeff,

wow, thanks for all these tests!

Jeff Jones (2020-02-04):
> Boot works on
> 1. MS Surface pro 3 even when all of the UEFI settings are disabled (does
> not boot 4.2.2; shows secure boot violation on 4.2.2).
> 2. Intel Hades Canyon NUC - i7-8809G CPU
> 3. DELL - Inspiron 20 3043 (Intel Pentium N3530)
> Also works on 2017 IBM ThinkPad notebook
> HP Probook 470 G5

Did I understand correctly that you had Secure Boot enabled
on these 5 computers when you tested this?

> Boot disk made with Etcher on windows 10; on MacOSX Etcher says .img is
> corrupted.

Ouch. Could you please retry with the latest USB image (.img) from:

https://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-6560-secure-boot/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/

?

Did you ever see this problem with official Tails 4.x releases?

Could anyone else, who has a macOS, please try to reproduce?

> Boots on Mac OSX 10.15.1 but does not recognise the trackpad or keyboard.

I'm told that mainline Linux lacks support for the trackpad and
keyboard on some recent Macs.

Which computer is this?