Re: [Tails-project] "freedom fighters" vs "human-rights defe…

Author: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] "freedom fighters" vs "human-rights defenders"
Hi,

sajolida (2019-11-26):
> I originally wrote "freedom fighter" instead of "human-rights defender"
> because I thought that some people in our community would prefer it or
> otherwise have problems with the term "human-rights defender". But I
> don't think that we've ever really discussed it.
>
> I personally prefer "human-rights defender" because it's more common,
> less ambiguous, and solves Ulrike's concern.
>
> Does anybody would have a problem with us replacing "freedom fighters"
> by "human-rights defenders" in this text?

Thank you for asking.

I personally have significant political issues with the concept of
"rights", which leads me to feel misrepresented by "human-rights
defender".

But given my position in this project, I don't want this concern of
mine to be in the way, if the rest of the community feels better
represented as "human-rights defenders".