[Tails-dev] Mounting the Tails LUKS partition on Android tab…

Author: Teqleez Motley
To: Tails-OS
Subject: [Tails-dev] Mounting the Tails LUKS partition on Android tablets?
Hi all,

IMO, it would be incredibly practical to be able to mount the Tails LUKS partition on Android tablets.
This might also open up the use of Tails to more purposes/user groups.

There are of course obvious (in-)security concerns related to that, but can we first just outline the practicalities, and for example not take for granted that we are talking about completely standard Android setups?

I'd just like to explore the potential here.

1. How should this ideally be mounted?

2. Could it be possible to mount it in such a way that only 1 or selected apps would gain access to the unencrypted partition?

3. Could we involve Yubikey with a hardware-stored key as second factor to unencrypt it? (I'd like such a possibility in normal Tails usage as well.)

--
Regards,
Teqleez