Re: [Tails-project] Call for feedback: proof-of-concept of o…

Author: segfault
To: tails-project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Call for feedback: proof-of-concept of our issues in GitLab
Hi,

intrigeri:
>>> Known problems that we *might* be able to solve later
>>> =====================================================
>>>
>>> - All issues appear to have been created by the user account that did
>>> the migration. We could fix that if we're migrating to a GitLab
>>> instance on which we have admin credentials so we can impersonate
>>> other users. Else, this problem will remain and the best we will
>>> have is the free-form annotation in the issue description, e.g.
>>> "Original created by @intrigeri on 17117 (Redmine)".
>
>> I would very much prefer to keep the original authors.
>
> Heard and noted. Would you like to elaborate a tiny bit wrt. to why
> you think it'll make a difference for you? It will help me triage &
> classify your feedback.

Sure. For a start, it wouldn't be possible to filter issues by @author,
instead you would have to search for "Original created by @intrigeri" -
which might be acceptable.

I think more UX impact has the authorship of the comments. For example
when I'm reading up on a ticket with long comments, for each comment I
read, I first have to scroll down to the bottom to see who the author is
- which of course is important information when you're trying to follow
a discussion. And since we're reading from top to bottom, it's generally
harder to see that information, which makes it harder to quickly skim
through comments.

Cheers