Re: [Tails-l10n] Tails 4.1 release and testing schedule

Author: Cyril Brulebois
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Tails 4.1 release and testing schedule
Hey tails-dev & tails-l10n,

intrigeri <intrigeri@???> (2019-10-22):
> kibi (Cc'ed) will be the release manager for Tails 4.1, which is
> scheduled for December 3. I'll let him give more details about the
> release schedule if needed.
>
> Most likely, the customary manual testing session will happen on
> Tuesday, December 3. Sometimes it's possible to start it the previous
> evening (Paris/Berlin).

There doesn't seem to be any changes on the Mozilla side at this stage,
so I'll try to get the Tor Browser[*] ready as soon as practically
possible, so as to be able to build images on Monday (2019-12-02). That
includes writing the changelog entry, so that writers can do their
magic.

If everything goes fine on Monday, I'd be happy to receive early testing
on Tuesday (2019-12-03), so that I could prepare the release and just
have to push a button at the usual time (17:00 Paris/Berlin/Tails-time).

[*] Looking at the roadmap items for 4.1, and at tickets assigned to me,
    I couldn't immediately spot the ticket for the Tor Browser update.
    Am I missing something obvious here?

> Please tell kibi privately whether you can do manual testing that day
> :)

Replies from testers indeed welcome!

Cyril 'kibi' Brulebois (ckb@???)