[Tails-ux] Notifications not popping-up automatically

Author: dermann.mitdemapfel
To: tails-ux@boum.org
Subject: [Tails-ux] Notifications not popping-up automatically
Hi,

I'm using Tails 3.15.

I've noticed a strange behaviour with the Pop-Up Notifications when I
eject a flash drive in Tails. Steps as follows:

1) Insert then eject a usb flash drive using the "Eject" button in the
sidebar in a Files window.

Expected behaviour:

A notification should pop-up automatically at the top of the screen
telling you that the drive can now be removed safely. An entry will be
present in the Notification list when the date is clicked.

What actually occurs:

One of two things:
    1) No notification will pop-up until the user moves the pointer.
    2) A notification will pop-up then disappear very very quickly, and
then will pop-up again when the user moves the pointer.

Now that I know this happens, I move the pointer to make notifications
appear, but before I was waiting a long time for the notification to
appear before removing my drive, and this made me wait a long time
sometimes :)

This is a new behaviour in recent versions of Tails, perhaps only 3.14
and onwards.

Does anyone else see this?