Re: [Tails-ux] [Tails-project] Stats on languages used in Ta…

Author: sajolida
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] [Tails-project] Stats on languages used in Tails sessions
Muri Nicanor:
> On 8/30/19 4:22 PM, sajolida wrote:
>> From the check of the security update feed (tails-security-check),
>> we also know in which language the session is started. This way we can
>> localize the security update notifications. I did some stats on logs I
>> had from January, March, and April.
>>
>> The top 10 languages are:
>>
>> 1    English        76.66%
>> 2    German        31.12%
>> 3    Russian        26.59%
>> 4    French        16.67%
>> 5    Spanish         6.68%
>> 6    Italian         3.77%
>> 7    Portuguese     3.27%
>> 8    Polish         2.55%
>> 9    Low German     2.20%
>> 10    Japanese     1.77%

> Should this not somehow add up to 100%? The list above adds up to
> 171.28% (my libreoffice skillz are not good enought to find out if I'm
> missing something...)

Oops, sorry for the big confusion!

The absolutes numbers are indeed very different:

- en :    76.7%
- de :     7.3%
- ru :     6.2%
- fr :     3.9%
- es :     1.6%
- it :     0.9%
- pt :     0.8%
- pl :     0.6%
- nd :     0.5%
- ja :     0.4%

The number I gave you is the fraction of non-English sessions in each
language. For example, German is 31% of non-English sessions :)

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/