[Tails-ux] Longer interviews from Latin America [was: Two ne…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: [Tails-ux] Longer interviews from Latin America [was: Two new intercept interviews (2017-12)]
intrigeri:
> I've added two recent intercept interviews:
> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/intercept_interviews/#Daan
> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/intercept_interviews/#Charles
>
> I believe anonym has another one left to publish after checking with
> the interviewed person.

Cool!

I also added the summary of two longer interviews I did with people from
Latin America:

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/interviews#Joana

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/interviews#Claudia

I was talking with these people are one hour each time. On top of the
questions from the intercept interview, I let the discussion flow a bit
more and tried to gather more about date about what they do as part of
their job and their relationship with Tails. I also sometimes asked
questions about items on our roadmap (backups, multi OS setups,
additional software, etc.).

In terms of methodology, I ended up wondering whether we should instead
do transcripts of the discussions (or save the recordings somewhere
private), instead of processing it into a summary. On one hand they
might be harder to read, but on the other hand they would have more
value as untampered source of information. But also, would we be fine
making them public or even storing them privately?

I also wondered whether the additional time spent on the interview and
the summary was worth it.

Happy to hear your takes about all that!