[More-than-a-BSP] Meeting minutes: 2017-04-02

Author: intrigeri
To: more-than-a-bsp
Subject: [More-than-a-BSP] Meeting minutes: 2017-04-02
Hi,

here are some notes extracted from yesterday's meeting minutes.
We focused on the issues that block us from answering registration
requests by April 7 (as promised).

I'll update the wiki page immediately after sending this email.

Decisions:

* We limit the number of attendees to 50 per day. We keep only 40 of
the ones that already registered. We wait until April 16 for
registrations from Hypra and people they invite. We call back
people if needed until we have 50 people.

* Worst case we fit 50 people in the one room we have booked, and best
case we can spread them over some more rooms if geb manages to get
them. But we don't accept more than 50 people/day.

* We'll 1) drop people from the stations that are too full anyway,
taking into account our other criteria; 2) drop people don't know
what they want to do and as a result registered for too many
stations, taking into account our other criteria. "Our other
criteria" == the ones we already have for sponsorship requests.

* We want to have ~25-33% of people who already contribute to Debian,
because we do need them to make the others feel welcome / give
others the help they need / create a feeling that it's a Debian
event, and not an external event about Debian for outsiders.

Actions:

* intrigeri emails Hypra again to tell them what we just decided, so
they feel a bit more welcome.

* intrigeri proposes Hypra to handle their registration requests and
send us the data in one batch. He gives them our list of questions.

* intrigeri and spriver will decide on Tuesday who we accept/reject.

* isydor sends the "yes" / "sorry, you're on the wait list" reply on
Wednesday to all people who registered.

* jvoisin and spriver ask accepted local attendees if they can host
other attendees.

* jvoisin and spriver match accommodation requests with offers.

* isydor schedules the next meeting, that should happen in the week
that starts on April 10.