[Tails-dev] dconf-editor dropped in Tails 2.x [Was: dconf-ed…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] dconf-editor dropped in Tails 2.x [Was: dconf-editor dropped, gedit-plugins, systemd, w32codecs]
hi,

[splitting into sub-threads, as mixing 4+ topics in a single thread
makes the discussion hard to follow for me.]

maddonkeykong@??? wrote (10 Mar 2016 03:20:21 GMT) :
> I did some research on this and yes the 'dconf-editor' program was installed, but not
> directly. The package which did install it has been removed in 2.0.1. I have not yet
> tried 2.2 but I assume the situation is the same.

OK, got it. Thanks for the research!

Personally I don't think that dconf-editor deserves its disk &
download space on every Tails system, for every Tails user.

I believe that very, very few Tails users would use it, assuming it
was included by default.

Those who need it can install it themselves, and power users who want
to automate stuff will instead use one of the dconf or gsettings
commands that we are shipping already.