Re: [Tails-dev] Adding KeepassX to Tails Startup; can it be …

Author: intrigeri
To: madx
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Adding KeepassX to Tails Startup; can it be done!
Hi Anthony,

madx@??? wrote (28 Feb 2016 21:16:46 GMT) :
> [...] I would like to start off by saying thanks for making Tails
> so great!

Thank you :)

> I would like to know if it is at all possible to allow KeepassX to start in a window
> before the window for the persistent drive?

I see no reason why this would be impossible for technical reasons.

> The Reason is so one could access
> a Keepassx database on another drive or usb stick to open the persistent drive in
> tails. This would make the persistent drive super secure; providing they use a large
> password. I would like to be able to enter a 10000 character password to open my
> persistent drive :)

Unless I missed something, it would make the persistent volume just as
secure as whatever protects the content of that other USB stick.
Presumably, that other USB stick would have a passphrase that the user
needs to enter manually. And one would need to keep that other USB
stick physically close enough to their Tails stick, so they can use
their Tails persistent volume. So I don't quite get what is the actual
security advantage this would bring. Can you please clarify how, and
under what circumstances, it would make some attacker's job harder?

> Thanks for reading!

Thanks for sharing!