Re: [Tails-dev] Release versioning

Autor: sajolida
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Release versioning
intrigeri:
> sajolida wrote (04 Jun 2015 12:17:13 GMT) :
>> I think we should always increment the first number with major Debian
>> version, and we could additional increment it whenever it make sense for
>> Tails only. But the first number should mean "important changes pushed
>> to the user".
>
> ACK

Ok, so what's the next step here?

- Shall someone sum up all this is in /contribute/release_schedule?
- when shall we start applying this? 1.5 is the next major and is
already an odd number so we're fine. What about starting with
renaming 1.5.1 into 1.6? This would mean
- Updating the calendar
- Tweaking Redmine

I'd say this can go in the release manager role, but other people can do
it as well (starting with me).

--
sajolida