Re: [Freepto] Freepto Meeting _ 20150505

Author: intrigeri
To: Everything about freepto
CC: u
Subject: Re: [Freepto] Freepto Meeting _ 20150505
boyska wrote (06 May 2015 16:18:52 GMT) :
> By the way, do you have good resources to link about how to get
> comfortable with debian packagement? I know there is plenty of it but...
> that's exactly the problem! :)

Fully understood.

I generally point people to the packaging tutorial:
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/packaging-tutorial/
... since it's quite up-to-date wrt. current best practices.

I don't remember if it mentions pbuilder/sbuild, though. Using one of
those is a must. I'm personally using pbuilder, but if I had to learn
from scratch today, with the background I now have I would probably
pick sbuild.

I'm Cc'ing U., who's been through that process in the last year or so,
and thus might have better pointers than me.

Also, I bet that Ubuntu has better introductory documentation to
packaging than Debian, and 95% of what they'll explain should apply
as-is :)